AGENDA Institute is an independent think tank, established in 2006 in the form of an NGO with the aim to improve the policy-making process in Albania. Through bringing citizens closer to policy making processes and putting their perspective in the center of policy-making, AGENDA Institute aims to enhance the debate, evidence-based analysis and effectiveness of public policies in the country.
AGENDA seeks to make the policy-making process constructive, offering to the decision-makers, the public and other stakeholders key information based on factual and professional policy analysis. The focus of AGENDA’s work is offering alternatives for sustainable development policies, better central and local governance, democratization of institutions and society, and to contribute to reform processes that foster EU Integration.
Today, the Institute has a well recognized profile among its fellows and our experts are invited to analyze many of the most publicly discussed issues in Albania. AGENDA is also a reputable information source for key national and international institutions. Some of the main projects and activities implemented during these years include a series of Research and Policy papers, policy briefs, instructive/informative brochures and public discussions on issues related to social and economic development, taxation, youth, gender, migration, local development, higher education, EU integration, etc.
- AGENDA’s work is based in developing efficient methods of filtering policy ideas in order to effectively respond to the dynamic policymaking environment, supporting the Albanian citizens to make informed decisions about public policies and transparently monitor their implementation. Agenda’s main objectives are to:
- Stir an open and significant public debate in issues of Social and Economic development in Albania, Democratization and Governance, and EU integration, by researching and producing thorough policy analyses on these topics.
- Be a key public opinion leader and a reputable voice by producing continued reactions on current issues of importance and advocate for best policy alternatives.
- Introduce in the public debate in Albania, innovative, creative and even controversial ideas for policy interventions.
- Make data and policy alternatives easy to understand and attractive for the Albanian media and public.
- Improve the quality of public policies, by increasing participation in public policy drafting and decision making process.
- Monitor developments of policy and implementation in the fields of interest for the institute.
- Create research capacity especially among a new generation of young researchers by providing training and research opportunities